Use your sound cards and point to sounds saying the word and rhyme – aim for speed and accuracy. Activity Two – revise new sounds from last week (see below image). Play hangman with words that have these sounds.
Read a book and see if you can answer the questions in the image below.
Please go to TEAMS.
First you need to watch 'Oops!' by Colin McNaughton using the following website.
Then you need to draw a picture of the wolf and write some words to describe the wolf's appearance and his behaviour next to or under your picture.
Then you need to use these descriptive words to create your wanted poster.
Love-Create a heart or hearts and fill it with patterns, shape or words.
First listen to a story called, ‘In my heart: A book about feelings.’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIfLgHBwYx4
Then create a heart or lots of hearts and fill them in with colour, pattern, shape or words. Use different types of paper, colours or you can even do this on a computer if you wish to.
Go for a walk in the garden, around the block or park and see how many items you can find from my list (see image below).
Find and read a non-fiction text and then see if you can the different features in the images below.
First watch 'Oops!' by Colin McNaughton again using the following website. Think about all the naughty things that Mr Wolf did.
Then you need to create a list of all the naughty things that Mr Wolf did in the story. See below images for an example.
HAND drawings and shadows- art hacks! It is amazing what we can do with our hands. First watch the video on 'How to make shadow puppets with your hands.'
Now have a go at some yourselves. Then watch the following video on 7 Handy Palm Art Hacks.
Now have a go at some yourselves.
First watch 'Oops!' by Colin McNaughton again using the following website. Think about why Mr Wolf didn't like the woods.
Then you need to write about what Mr Wolf didn't like about the woods and why. See below for example.
Go onto the following website and have a go at some puzzles online. If you have some at home, why not try them. See how quickly you can complete your puzzle.
Now have a go at creating your own. You will need to draw a picture first. Then cut around the pieces to create your puzzle.
Home school learning activities
- DoodleMaths everyday
- Doodle English (The same logging details as DoodleMaths. You will have to download the app first). this should be done everyday.
- DoodleSpell (The same logging details as DoddleMaths. You will have to download the app first). This should be done at least once a week.
- Reading book or any reading everyday.
- Handwriting practice everyday.
- Spellings of Year 1 common exceptions words.
- Spellings of Year 2 common exception words.
- Reading of Year 1 and Year 2 common exception words.
- Spellings and reading of Year 3 common exception words (if you feel your child can do this).
- Practise telling the time.
- Learn 2s, 5s, 10s and (3s if they can) times tables and division facts. (You may wish to do this through DoodleTables)