Swifts have made a great start to the year with lots of lovely work.
Your child will need their water bottle every day. If they wish to bring in a snack, please could you put it in a separate bag so they can put it in their tray in the morning ready for snack time after break.
Please remember to read at least three times a week to gain Star Reader and to do DoodleMaths which really helps to reinforce the work that we are doing in class.
Our first topic in September will be 'What makes me special?
Our first text is about Charlie and Lola. Please see below.
Our first Value in September will be 'Co-operation'.
Remember to read at least three times a week so that you can become a Star Reader.
Who will be our Swifts of the Week this week?
Who will be our fab writers of the week this week?
Who will be our mathematician of the week this week?
Who will be awarded our special certificates for using their lovely manners this week?
Remember to do Doodle Maths at least three times a week.
Maths Skills to work on.
- Perfect your number formation.
- Learning number bonds for numbers to 10 and 20
- Understanding the language of more than, greater than, less than, fewer than.
- Count on and back in 1s, from different starting numbers. Work to 100.
- Count up in 2s. 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...
- Count up in 5s. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25...
- Count up in 10s. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50...
- Count back in 10s from 100
- To learn doubles for numbers 1 to 12
- To use a ruler to measure using centimetres.
Towards the end of Year One your child will have a Phonics test. This will focus on reading 'real' and 'alien' words. There are some examples below of words that they will need to be able to sound out using their phonic skills.
Twice a half term your child will receive a Brain Builder. This will need to be completed by the date in the Brain Builder.
Our PE days are Monday and Tuesday. Your child will need to come in their PE kit on these days.
Monday is outside PE and Tuesday is inside PE.
Our library day is every other Thursday. Please can your child bring in their library book every Thursday so that they can change it for a fresh library book.