WELCOME TO WRENS CLASS PAGE
2020 - 2021
MRS CHIDWICK, MRS WATSON, MISS JONES, MRS YOUNG AND MRS HUGHES
Learning is well under way and the children's efforts are excellent. We are seeing most children achieving Star Reader each week and scoring well on their spelling tests. Doodle scores are increasing each week. They are working hard to grow the connections in their brains!
Introducing our class text.....Pirate Pete by Kim Kennedy. The children are learning how to write exciting journey stories by going on Pete's journey with him. It would really help them if they could practise telling you the story at home too! It should not be word perfect but they should entertain you with his travels! There is a PDF of our story map if your child would like to use it to give them some clues. Hopefully we will have some fantastic stories to share with you soon.
Top Doodler: Sophia
Fab Writer: Aaron
Wren of The Week: Anastasia
Values Role Model: Anhad
Top Doodler: Daniel
Fab Writer: Jacob
Wren of The Week: Safi
Values Role Model: Mahreen
Wrens are wonderful artists! Feel free to admire our exploration of pattern in our sketch books inspired by Paul Klee. We will choose our favourite pieces to create magnificent final work. Many more examples coming soon!
Take a look at a knowledge organiser which may help with the current Brain Builder.
- Geography Y2 Knowledge Organiser A direction continents and oceans (2).docx
- Geography Y2 Knowledge Organiser B direction continents and oceans.docx
- Geography Y2 Knowledge Organiser C direction continents and oceans.docx
Priorities for Home Learning This Year:
- Reading 3 times a week to become a Star Reader - grown ups, remember to sign the reading record! These will be checked every Monday.
- Spelling practise to be handed in every Thursday
- DoodleMaths to keep score at 50 stars. These are checked weekly.
- Number bonds to 10, 20 and 100 and 2, 5 and 10 times tables - beat your personal best on Hit The Button
PE days: Tuesday and Wednesday