• Reading and Doodle activities we do in a different room each day.
• I have a lot of online work I must complete while working from home, so it helps if we both sit at the table together, so Conor is not alone.
• Our aim is to complete all work given, but Conor can choose whether he wants shorter breaks in between work or a longer break.
• Nearpod session was done yesterday in Conor’s bedroom while he was sitting on a pillow mountain he had made. Conor thought it was great fun and really enjoyed the session.
• We try to have an early finish on a Friday then have a treat. It can be games outside or a movie afternoon together. Soon, we hope to have our Friday treat as afternoon tea that is delivered to us. We are going to set the table outside (weather permitting), get dressed up and just enjoy.
• Also, rather than doing our daily exercise at the same time each day, sometimes we do it in the mornings, sometimes at lunch time or sometimes in the evening.
• We keep to a routine of waking up in the morning and getting washed and dressed then have breakfast.
• Conor calls his friends for a chat or zoom calls (with me nearby) as I feel it’s very important for Conor to have appropriate communication with his friends.
• We spend as much time as possible in the garden. This beautiful weather has been a lifesaver.
Thank you for your patience. Our senior leadership team have met today to ensure our decisions were in keeping with our original aims.
We believe we ARE ready to open for Early Years' parents who have confirmed they will want their child to return from June 1st. There will be 3 Bubbles. This decision has only been confirmed this morning so 2 Bubbles will be starting Monday, the 3rd Bubble will be starting Tuesday. Miss Bassett will be in touch and let you know which Bubble your child will be in, and who their Key Adults will be. She knows all the children so please trust her in her creation of each Bubble.
We will continue to be open for Key Workers’ children. The Bubbles created for the Key Workers’ children will initially be in a Bubble of Year 1 children, a Year 2 Bubble, a Year 3 Bubble, a Years 4 & 5 Bubble and a Year 6 Bubble.
For those of you undecided we can report back to you how things are progressing.
We have ensured we have followed union advice, but more importantly, we are making sure, as far as is possible, that there is parity of learning for your children, whether you choose to keep your child at home, or whether you choose to send them in (Early Years, Yr 1 and Yr 6, and Key Workers’ children).
It will be important for your child to access the learning and if you are having difficulties making this happen please email the class teachers, or Miss Sutton, or myself. If your child has additional needs then you can also email Mrs Bains.
Please don’t hesitate to email me any questions you might have.
Also please note that this is an ever changing situation and if measures can be improved they will be, and if we can begin to organise breakfast and after school clubs we will also do so.
Thank you again for all your support,
- If you have a child in Years 1 to 5 please remember to send back their report comment form
- If you have a child in Early Years, Year 1 or Year 6, please respond ASAP to the online form regarding return from June 1st
Many thanks to Mr Essam, Mr Wyatt and Mr Essam's future son-in-law for saving the school £1800 by taking down the condemned apparatus.
3rd December, 2019
11th July, 2019
11th July, 2019
11th July, 2019
Stay safe and well this Easter holiday, everyone. Stay inside and follow the rules! #SocialDistancing
Well done to all our children. You've made a brilliant start to your learning at home this week! Have a great weeke… https://t.co/3xVbImF8zE
We are still recruiting during these challenging times, with all our interviews conducted remotely. Plan ahead for the brighter future!
Interested in becoming a primary school teacher? Come along to our next Open Evening to find out about the courses… https://t.co/I5W08HeTHy
We have lots of courses starting soon! Have a look at our flyer to see if there is anything that might interest you… https://t.co/Tv2w7leE0Q
Has your 4-7 year old been playing online games over the summer holidays? Watch Jessie & Friends with your child… https://t.co/6GZlnVZc8O
Best wishes to all The Shire Foundation NQTs who will be starting their first week with their new class!… https://t.co/uSxIN5tVs5
We look forward to welcoming all our children back for the start of the new school year on Wednesday September 4th. 😁
If you or anyone you know is interested in teaching, visit the Shire Foundation stand in the Luton Mall today!